Fields of interest
Van Heerden & Brummer has been involved over many years, in all fields of legal practise country wide. We have in particular been closely associated with providing legal and related services to various large enterprises and governmental institutions with excellent results as an ardent supporter of the dispensation. To this end we have on numerous occasions provided free advice and assistance, always in professional confidence.
Amongst others we have been instructed in matters such as:
- High Court and magistrate’s court litigation.
- Urgent court applications and interdicts.
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts.
- Formal opinions on various legal matters.
- Local government legislation and the application thereof.
- Labour law, application of bargaining council agreements, union negotiations, training and representation at all levels.
- Application of mineral and mining laws, including surface rights agreements, sale of land for mining purposes and notarial execution of mineral rights applications.
- Drafting of various by-laws.
- Presentation of workshops and training at all levels.
- Enforcement of town-planning and environmental statutes and regulations.
- Property development, conveyancing and construction negotiations.
- Company mergers and Acquisitions, liquidations and Business Rescue applications.
- Commercial transactions and litigation.
As such we have acquired specialist knowledge of all laws pertaining to local government, both in its legislative, executive and administrative functions.